In 1907 George Vandervort opened a small building wholesale store on the corner of Gallia St. and Offnere St. in Portsmouth called Portsmouth Supply. That store was soon named Vandervort's Supply. With the area's largest selection of cooking stoves, furnaces, plumbing and electrical supplies, his store soon became a local favorite in the community. Chad Horr bought the business in the 1940's and it has been family owned ever since. In 2007 the store celebrated it's 100th anniversary and the family felt it was time to expand, buying the former Koch Ace Hardware in Wheelersburg and reopening it in April of 2007 as Wheelersburg Ace Hardware. Come visit a family tradition in the lush green Southern Ohio hills!