Solid Rock Church was birthed on Oct. 2nd, 1994 in a storefront building in Gardendale, AL (about 5 miles north of Birmingham, AL). The first service had less than 10 people in attendance. It was a humble beginning but we knew that we had received a mandate from God to establish this new work. As SRC grew we were forced to move to other locations. In 1995 we moved to Trafford, AL. In 1997 we moved to a much larger location in Blount County (about 20 minutes north of Birmingham, AL). Each of these locations were completely remodeled and restored by the congregation of SRC. After 7 years in the Blount County location, we sensed it was time for another major move. The Old Rock School is a historical building. Parts of the facility were built in 1921 by local residents. Over the years, the school system added many classrooms as well as a gym and cafeteria. After many years, the buildings began to become neglected and finally in the late 1980s it was closed down. Daycare services were provided in parts of the facility until the late 1990s. In 1998 it was closed down completely. The Jefferson County School Board decided to tear the buildings down. But the residents of Pinson would not let the beautiful building be lost forever. The community rose up and saved Rock School from demolition.