Taking inspiration from the play of light and color in a kaleidoscope, Harmon Library shines throughout the day as sunlight ranges across the colored glass in numerous skylights and gun slot windows. Providing a welcoming transition from the exterior, decking leads to a central service desk. The facility offers a children's storyroom and First Five Years/ Los Primeros Cinco Aos interactive learning space for families with young children, a multi-purpose meeting room with a capacity of 60 for community gatherings as well as library programs, patio spaces, a special "teens only" area with materials just for teens, study rooms, WiFi and 34 Internet-accessible public computers.Built in 1950, the original Harmon Library (located at 411 W. Yavapai) was Phoenix Public Library's first branch facility. Scheduled for demolition later in 2009, the facility will be replaced by a landscape installation designed by artist Stacy Levy, entitled "River of Trees." The project is being coordinated by City of Phoenix Parks & Recreation Department and the Phoenix Office of Arts and Culture. A ceramic mural from the original building has been relocated to a reading patio in the new facility. Three banners that hang from the ceiling trusses depict the mural - each is a photographic representation of 1/3 of the original piece.