Pennsboro Church Of Christ205 E Penn Ave, Pennsboro, WV 26415
History : Churches of Christ trace their roots back to the great Restoration Movement of the late 1700s and 1800s. The Protestant Reformation resulted in a multitude of different religious organizations that produced a great deal of confusion. Finally, men like James OKelly, Abner Jones, Barton W. Stone, Thomas Campbell, Alexander Campbell and many others recognized that there had been a departure from Gods Word. They believed that the only way to achieve religious unity was for all to accept the Bible as the sole authority in matters of religion. So, they began to make an appeal, calling men back to the Bible. It was a plea to speak where the Bible speaks and to remain silent where the Bible is silent. It was a plea to call Bible things by Bible names and do Bible things in Bible ways. It was not the beginning of a new church, but a call to go back to the church of the Bible and to restore the practice of New Testament Christianity. Churches of Christ yet today are striving to reproduce in our day the church originally established in Jerusalem on Pentecost, A.D. 30. The beginning of the church of Christ in Pennsboro goes back to the early 1900s. The current building was constructed in 1955 after the previous building was destroyed in the 1950 flood. The building was expanded in 1967 and then the size of the building was doubled in 1980. A large multi-purpose room was added in 1998 to facilitate church meals and activities. As a result, we have an adequate facility to accommodate our worship to God, the study of His Word and the fellowship of His people.