Fannie Jones traveled with her brother to hear Alexander Campbell preach in 1842. Seven years later, Fannie Jones founded First Christian Church, Paducah, Kentucky in her home with six other charter members. In 1858 they moved to a new brick structure on North Fourth Street between Jefferson and Monroe. During the Civil War, Federal troops used the building as a hospital, for which the church was paid $600. Dr. W. H. Pinkerton served as pastor between 1893 and 1907. During his ministry the sanctuary at 7th & Jefferson was completed in 1895. Dr. U.R. Bell served from 1922-1933 and he was especially dedicated to education. He helped organize Paducah Junior College and was its first president. During his ministry here the tower bell was install at 7th & Jefferson. It was cast in 1868 from the steamboat "Anna P. Silver." Its tones were heard for the first time on Easter Sunday, 1928. The church continued to progress under the leadership of it ministers. Leo K. Bishop led the church through the 1937 flood, in which the church welcomed the members of Murrell Boulevard Christian Church whose membership had lost its building in the flood waters.