Our History: "And she brought forth her first born son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manager, because there was no room for them in the inn." Luke 2:7. This verse represented a humble beginning for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Clear Creek Missionary Baptist Church has had a humble beginning. For many years some members of the black community listened to worship services from the balcony of the white Clear Creek Baptist Church in 1877. One acre of land was donated to C.W. Fox, J. Cannon and Hudson Longstreet by H.R. Branham and wife, L.E. Branham for a building site for a Colored Baptist Church as stated in the Warranty Deed. After 1877, worship services on the donated land were conducted under a structure called a Bush Arbor. This is a structure that consisted of poles placed vertically in the ground on four corners and poles were laid horizontally to connect the vertical poles. After this operation had been completed, tree branches were placed across the horizontal poles to form a crude roof. One can see that this type of structure had seasonal limits. It was, therefore, necessary to construct a more permanent structure. This constructive effort is reported to have been completed in 1900. This building was used until 1938. At this time the structure was dismantled and a new building was constructed. This structure was used until it burned in the Spring of 1969. The present building was then erected, exclusive of the south wing that was added in 1978, 1990 and 2000. Church buildings are important in that they provide a place for worship services.