Clackamas Auto Parts Inc1009 Main St, Oregon City, OR 97045
Clackamas Auto Parts was founded in 1934 by brother in-laws William G Trappe and Julius Brandes. The company operated out of a rented section of a furniture store on Main Street in Oregon City. William and Julius, who ran the machine shop, were the only employees for the first few years. By the late 1930's, two additional parts counterman were hired as the company continued to grow. In 1944 construction started on a new building one block south on Main street and the company was in its new location in the spring of 1945. Today, this continues to be the home of Clackamas Auto Parts. William guided the growth and operations of the company until his death in 1963. At this point, ownership and operations of the company was taken over by William's wife Hilda Trappe, Sons Norm and Bill Trappe, and long time employee Bud Hornshuh. Hilda remained very active in the company until the age of 90, when she retired from her bookkeeping duties in 1989. By the early 1990's as Norm, Bill, and Bud had all retired their active daily duties, the company was ready for a third generation of ownership. In 1991, William and Hilda's grandson Dan Trappe and long-time employee Art Kirchhofer were brought in as partners and now run the daily operation of the business. Since its inception, Clackamas Auto Parts has remained an independent, locally owned and family operated business. Experienced, knowledgeable and quality employees have long treated customers like friends and deal with them on a first name basis.