Schisler Funeral Home has been a family owned business serving the Northampton Community since 1929. Since then Schisler has added three local locations to serve Nazareth, Palmerton and Lehighton as well. We provide a full range of funeral and pre-planned services. More details are provided on our website or by a personal call into our office. On January 1, 1929 the building was purchased by funeral director Albert A. Schisler and his wife, the former Ruth Young. From 1929 until 1933 many exterior and interior changes took place. A Georgian front, a driveway and canopy and a large addition were added to the building, making it one of the most attractive and functional funeral homes in the East. Because of illness, Albert decided to sell the business to his brother Harold M. Schisler, who was also a licensed funeral director. On May 1, 1944 Harold M. Schisler and his wife, the former Dorothy Smith, purchased the business. In 1955 Harold purchased the Odd Fellows Building located at 2105 Washington Ave., razed the structure and built the existing parking area and enlarged the driveway and canopy to accept the more modern cars. Extensive redecorating of the interior also was accomplished at this time. Upon the untimely death of Harold in 1973, his son Arthur, also a licensed funeral director, purchased the business. Over the years, Arthur has added two spacious parking lots, redecorated and remodeled the funeral home to accommodate additional offices, counseling rooms, and changed the traditional fleet of cars from black to white. With thoughts of offering the same care and quality service to others outside of the Northampton community, the Schisler family expanded the organization to the Nazareth area with an affiliation of the Ralston J. Bartholomew Funeral Home on November 14, 1985 to become Bartholomew-Schisler Funeral Home Inc. Together the Bartholomew and Schisler organization have 110 years of experience of service to others. Then, in 1987, the growth of the Schisler organization again became a reality in the community of Palmerton, PA. with another affiliation of Charles H. Campton Funeral Home. The relationship that grew out of this affiliation has proved to be very beneficial to the community and neighboring areas. The Schisler organization has prided itself with offering and maintaining state of the art facilities and services. As societal views of funeral services grew and changed in the early to mid-1990's with varying choices of disposition, the Schisler family elected to create a facility which would enable the families to have cremation services. They were the first and only funeral home in Carbon County to install and operate a cremation facility directly to their families. This addition has proved very beneficial to the peace of mind and comfort level of families served. Presently Aaron and Harold Schisler, brothers and sons of Arthur Schisler, and fourth generation Schislers' involved with the funeral service are the active directors. Carrying on the individual care, attention to details, and quality service that families of the greater Lehigh Valley area have known since 1929.