History North Richland Hills Baptist Church began on February 26, 1956, as a mission sent from Richland Hills Baptist Church. From 41 in attendance that first Sunday in the North Richland Elementary School, the membership has grown to over 2,758. The church was chartered with 115 members when the first building was completed on May 20, 1956. NRHBC expanded by building a new auditorium and educational buildings, purchasing homes on Vance Road for additional educational cottages, and purchasing land on Glenview for our Worship Center and Cornerstone Buildings. The 15th Anniversary in May 1971 was celebrated with an open air worship service on the concrete foundation of our current 1,200 seat auditorium. Groundbreaking for the 42,000 square foot Family Life Center was held in 1989. NRHBC purchased the former bank building property on Highway 26 to secure additional parking, and a new 70,000 square foot Preschool Childrens Ministry Building was completed in March 2000. Throughout the years, ministry has extended beyond this location with Club Jesus apartment ministries, mission churches and mission trips, a 24-hour Prayer Chapel and Watchman Prayer Ministry, Cornerstone Assistance Network, Cornerstone Counseling Center, Operation Touch Vacation Bible Schools, and other outreach opportunities. Continuing the process of sending members to establish a new mission, in the Fall of 1985, NRHBC planted a church on the northern boundary of NRH, pastored by Bob Roberts, now known as North Wood Church for the Communities. Five Senior Pastors have served NRHBC over the past 45 years, providing vision and leadership: James E. Hester (February 1956 - April 1959), W. Hal Brooks (July 1959 - June 1983), Phillip E. Simmons (January 1984 - January 1994), L. Joe McKinney (August 1994 - July 1997) and Tommy W. Teague (since August 1998). Because the strength of a church is really the people of God, not the places they meet, we are blessed with our community of believers at NRHBC...on their journey of transformation...connecting others with Christ.