Our Mission At Lincoln Avenue, we are a people on a mission. We have summarized this mission below, and it is the driving force behind every ministry and work that takes place. Our mission statement is: His church, together, surrendered to do whatever it takes to usher the Kingdom of God into the hearts of man. In addition, Lincoln Avenue shares common values and "core" beliefs. Use the links below or to the left to see these core values in detail. Our History Lincoln Avenue Baptist Church has been a growing congregation located in a county that was listed as distressed by both state and national agencies. LABC was established in 1923 and has a rich history of growth. The church was originally located on Second Street and was named Second Baptist Church. The building was constructed in 1925 and was used by the membership until 1945. Significant growth took place during those early years which led the people to relocate to their current facility located at 234 Lincoln Avenue. The construction of the current auditorium with basement class rooms was completed in 1955. At this time the church name was formally changed from the Second Baptist Church of Newport, Tennessee to Lincoln Avenue Baptist Church of Newport, Tennessee. Growth continued to take place after the relocation and the congregation continued to be a pace-setter in the community. In 1985, the people decided to construct a family life center which included a gymnasium, new restrooms with shower facilities and ten classrooms. Controversy was also stirred over the fact that Lincoln Avenue was the first church in the county to construct a gymnasium. This was a bold move for a church located in a county with the Appalachian heritage of the Smoky Mountains. The years passed and the church continued to grow. Because of this growth, another addition was constructed in 1998 which included nine classrooms and restroom facilities. Since 2001, the church has set a record amount of growth in every area. The church continued with building expansion by constructing another addition in 2003 with four classrooms and a commercial/industrial kitchen. Since its inception, Lincoln Avenue has been under the leadership of twenty pastors.