Circle Veterinary Clinic (CVC) was begun in 1983 by Dr. John L. Wilkins, a long-time Wilmington veterinarian. His son, David Wilkins, joined him in the practice in 1986. Upon John Wilkins? retirement, David began managing the clinic in late 1987. Dr. Laurita Halbert joined the practice in 2007. The hospital moved to its present location at 1212 E. Newport Pike in August 2009.