About Us Newburg Fire Department was formed in 1886. At the time, 15 town residents formed the volunteer department to provide fire protection to the Newburg area. Today our volunteer department still provides fire and Emergency Medical Services to that same area. Newburg Fire Department provides fire and EMS services to the Village of Newburg, Town of Trenton, the Town of Farmington, and a portion of the Town of Saukville, an area that spans approximately 54 square miles. This protection area is primarily rural residential, agricultural and some light industry.