Mission : The New Hope Missionary Baptist Church reflects the overall concept and philosophy of the National Baptist Convention of America, Inc. It embraces the mandate given to the Church by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, that great commission: Mission, Education, and Evangelism. Our purpose is to strategically expand through barriers and frontiers, meeting the physical and spiritual needs of unreached people to effect a global impact with the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is our belief that all donations contributed to local, regional, national and global Missions are of a personal and sacrificial offering to Gods work. Therefore, as faithful stewards of the financial resources entrusted to us, we pledge that your gifts will go directly to the work of local, regional, national and global Missions. History : The church was founded on April 16, 1926 as the Original Solid Rock Baptist Church of New Orleans. On March 27, 1930, by a majority vote, the name was changed to the New Hope Baptist Church, Inc. The church moved from its original location of 2715 Washington Avenue to its present location 1807 LaSalle Street in 1965. In November of 1985, the churchs educational complex was completed and later named the F. H. Dunn, Sr. Educational Building in honor of the late pastor, Rev. F. H. Dunn, Sr. Under the leadership of Pastor John C. Raphael, Jr., the membership has doubled and new ministries and programs have been developed to meet the growing needs of the church and community.