About Us New Hope is a new name for a community church with a long history of ministry in this valley. In 1946, right after WWII, a group of families associated with the American Baptist Churches saw a need for a church in this area and began the First Baptist Church of Glenwood Springs with a church building on Cooper Ave which now houses two churches and the Salvation Army Homeless Day Center. This church thrived and 30 years later there was again the need for a new church in the growing community of New Castle. In 1976, Apple Tree Church was started with a church building at the entrance to Apple Tree Park. This building now houses various ministries to the community including the Garden School. Lets fast forward 25 years to the year 2001. Our valley continues to grow rapidly and God gives the leadership of both churches a desire to do a new thing! The First Baptist Church (which was meeting together with Apple Tree Church for worship at the time), is restarted under the name of New Hope Church with worship services held at the Riverside School in New Castle. And finally, in the summer of 2002, after much prayer, the members of Castle Valley Christian Fellowship with Pastor Eddie Piker, decide they can best serve God and this community by joining forces with New Hope. Praise God, yall! The vision of New Hope is to bring God glory, by bringing the hope of Jesus Christ to the communities along the Colorado River Valley, from Rifle to Glenwood Springs and to the ends of the earth. PO Box 620.