The Nevada Public Library is now observing its 105th year of service in a building at 218 West Walnut remodeled for the library in 1997. The building was originally erected in 1920 for a MossUrner Car Dealership. It was given to the library by the Finis M. Moss Charitable Trust and the remodeling was paid for by private donations from individuals and businesses and a matching grant from the Moss Trust. The Nevada Public Library moved to the new location from the Carnegie Building, which was erected in 1917 with the aid of a grant from the Carnegie Foundation for $17,500. The library was actually organized in 1898. Seventeen ladies met in the Mitchell Hotel on a spring day and elected Mrs. Rose Kimball the first president. A house to house canvass for books from private collections was made. The collection was housed in the Duck Block at the northeast corner of the intersection of Washington and Cherry. The location of the library was moved in 1908 to the new courthouse, but soon became too crowded. Negotiations began soon thereafter with the Andrew Carnegie Foundation in 1912 for a building. In 2002, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation gave us 46,000 for a computer lab. The library holds classes in computer training and allows others to use the space at no charge to train their employees. Children and adults alike have this marvelous facility for research and homework.