Hopewell Baptist Church1584 Hopewell Church Rd, Moultrie, GA 31788
History : Hopewell Baptist Church was formed in 1877 and received into the Mercer Association in 1878. Hopewell was presented by Rev. Asa Stephenson who was the area missionary. The records indicate that the first meeting place was a schoolhouse. Rev. M. D. Pope pastored Hopewell during the beginning years (1881-1886) and the membership increased to sixty four. In 1911, Hopewell became a part of the Colquitt County Association. In the early 1920's, Hopewell met as a quarter time church, holding services on Saturday and Sunday. The 1930's brought about a half time church and by 1949, Hopewell was involved in full time service under the leadership of Rev. J. W. McCorvey. In 1977, a book entitled A Century for Christ was written to commemorate the first one hundred years of church history.