Montvale Elementary, along with the community, will provide a safe learning environment that will ensure each students emotional, physical,and academic potential. There has been an educational facility in or near Montvale since the 1800's. By 1922-1923, this school became an accredited four-year high school. As time went on, enrollment increased and a new facility was opened in the fall of 1930 to accommodate students from several areas. Under the thirty-five year principalship of Hugh D. McKee, Montvale High School broadened its curriculum, expanded its physical plant, and increased its usefulness to the districts citizens. In 1964, the building was converted to an elementary school. Mr. McKee remained at the elementary school as principal until his retirement in 1968. Montvale students in grades 8-12 attended the new consolidated Liberty High School. Montvale Elementary School contained grades 1-7 until 1970, when kindergarten was added. In 1989, students in grade 7 were moved to the remodeled Bedford Middle School, and Montvale Elementary School housed grades k-6. In 1996, Montvale Elementary School moved to a modern state-of-the-art facility that houses grades K-6. Though the building and location have changed, the school will forever continue to represent the excellent educational values and traditions of the Montvale community!