Mission Statement Milton Hospital is committed to improving the health of our community by providing high quality, personalized health care with compassion, dignity and respect for patient rights in a cost effective and safe manner.For more than 100 years, Milton Hospital has been committed to improving the health of the communities it serves by providing high-quality, personalized health care with compassion, dignity and respect. The roots of this tradition lie in a tiny convalescent home that was established in the late 19th century. In 1903, the Cunningham Foundation Trustees offered a portion of the Edward Cunningham Estate as a new site for the home, requiring that part of the building function as a hospital and paying for the necessary renovations. Milton Hospital was officially incorporated in 1903, it opened with just nine beds.In 1944, the third and current site of Milton Hospital on Highland Street was purchased from the Pierce Estate. A newly constructed, modern hospital building opened in 1950. Over the next forty years the hospital added new patient wings and a medical office building. In 1987, the hospital constructed a patient service wing and a new main entrance. Renovations on existing space provided for a new emergency department, ambulatory care unit, diagnostic services department, intensive care/coronary care unit, operating suites and conference area.In the early 1990s the need for physicians became stronger. In response, Milton Hospital opened primary care offices in Randolph, Braintree, Quincy and Hyde Park. A new wing to the medical office building was built in 1993. The medical office building now houses more than 50 physicians representing more than 22 different medical specialties.The hospital went on to add an outpatient cardiac rehabilitation program for patients recovering from heart disease and a 21-bed transitional care unit. In 1998, the unit was renovated, resulting in the addition of 11 beds. By 2000, Milton Hospital had redesigned its mammography suites, and purchased two new mammography machines. The expansion of the breast care program also included upright stereotactic localization devices for performing minimally invasive breast biopsies.To make Milton Hospital's services more accessible to Randolph residents, the hospital opened the Community Physicians Office in Randolph Square in September 2000. In August 2002, the hospital debuted a $3.5 million renovation of its two inpatient floors.Milton Hospital is surveyed periodically by the following organizations and licensed and accredited if deemed appropriate: Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Health Care Organizations, College of American Pathologists, American Association of Blood Banks, American College of Radiology, American College of Surgeons, Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Health Care Financing Administration.During the centennial year of 2003, Milton Hospital began to launch affiliated programs with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in Boston. Together, both hospitals focus on cardiac care and stroke services, including a system for rapid patient transfers from Milton's emergency department to BIDMC. The affiliation also includes a joint geriatric program.In June 2004 the hospital opened its $3.4 million, 2,800-square-foot MRI Center. The bright, airy center features a $1.8-million scanner that uses state-of-the-art technology to maximize image quality and patient comfort.Milton Hospital presently has 81 beds, a complete compliment of inpatient and outpatient health services, 24-hour emergency services and more than 250 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital will continue to improve its ability to fulfill the needs of the communities it serves by anticipating the future challenges of a changing industry.Today, we continue to plan for the future and anticipate the healthcare needs of our community.