Church History A building was rented and moved 20 miles across Fonde Mountain, and the first Sunday School was held June 12, 1959. On April 2, 1961, the Church was organized with 19 members and H.M. "Shorty" Sparks as Pastor. On Easter 1962, ground was broken to build a new sanctuary. The entire membership started to work - through their labor, fund raising events, youth projects, etc. The Rev. Frank Baker, a crippled man who sold merchandise on the streets for a living, gave the first $100 with others following suit. Tip Moore was the first Deacon Ordained by the church and also the first Preacher to be Ordained. Since May 1980, the church has had several pastor's due to the resignation of Rev. Sparks due to ill health. The pastor's have been - David Bullock, Joe Cody, Albert Bently, James Lawson, Mike Alexander, David Wade and currently M. Danny Robbins. The May 1988 tornado completely destroyed the church building and did damage to the parsonage. From the beginning of this special church, God has always had His hand upon it. This church has always been dedicated to doing God's work. Our prayer is the He will continue to use our church in such a way that souls may be saved. We praise the Lord for His great blessings upon this church. Our church is a place that believes in the power of prayer.