Saint Christine's Parish Church1295 Main Street, Route 3a, Marshfield, MA 02050
History: Since 1928 Catholics in Marshfield attended Mass at either St. Mary's in Scituate or St. Theresa's summer mission in Humarock. By the 1940's nearly 300 families were attending Mass regularly at St. Theresa's. In 1944 Reverend Edmund Moran was appointed by his eminence Richard Cardinal Cushing as Pastor of Marshfield Hills. Upon his arrival, Fr. Moran saw that the remote location of St. Theresa's Chapel would not be suitable for a new parish. A better location with improved access to the community had to be found. A barn, on Rt. 3A in Marshfield Hills, which was formerly used by W. Torrey Little as an antique shop became the first site for the new parish. In October of 1989, the sanctuary of St. Christine's was renovated bringing the altar closer to the people. Significant maintenance operations were undertaken at St. Theresa's Chapel with the establishment of the chapel committee. Since the initial writing of this history, Father Keymont was appointed as pastor of St Ann's Church in Dorchester and was succeeded by Father Vincent P. Doolan as Parochial Vicar. Father Doolan continued the work Father Keymont had started with the support of Mrs. Claire McManus but was called, somewhat prematurely, to be the pastor at St. Joseph's Church in Quincy. Father Henry Yanju was appointed to replace Fr. Doolan and he is now our current Parochial Vicar. Fr. Yanju was born and raised in Nigeria where he was a religious brother with the Dominican order for 5 years. He left the Dominicans and came to the United States 15 years ago, where he decided to study at St. John's Seminary for the Archdiocese of Boston. He was the first African ordained for the Archdiocese of Boston in 1996. His prior assignments were five years at St. Mary's Church in Waltham and one year at St. John's the Evangelist in Winthrop. In the summer of 2002 the main church at St. Christine's was renovated with new paint, carpeting and refurbished pews. During that time parishioners attended mass at St. Theresa's chapel in Humarock. In January of 2005 Father Francis Reagan retired after 76 years of devoted service and was succeeded by Father Thomas Walsh.