History The Kiwanis Club of Mansfield, chartered and organized May 18, 1920, has an impressive record of accomplishments spanning its 84 years of existance. In its first year, under President Frank H. Marquis, the club purchased scales for the public schools, provided milk for underprivileged school children, and held a Christmas party for orphans at the Childrens' Home. These projects marked the beginning of Mansfield Kiwanis Club's long time emphasis on service to youth. In 1922, the first contribution was made to the newly organized Friendly House. Since that time, the Friendly House has been adopted at the club's major service project. Thousands of Kiwanis volunteer hours and more than $185,000 has been contributed in support of its program: for equipment, for land and building expansion, for annual camperships, and for an annual Friendly House Christmas Party. Through three quarters of a century of community service, dedication to the ideals of Kiwanis International, fellowship and family involvement, Kiwanis Club of Mansfield has lived up to its commitment to "Build." It looks forward with vigor and enthusiasm to many more years of contributions to society and to its community.