Linfield Fire Company1077 Main St, Linfield, PA 19468
Following a disastrous fire, which completely destroyed the Sanitary Company of America's foundry, a group of concerned citizens met in Brownback Hall to discuss what could be done in times of emergency. During that meeting in October of 1913, the plans were laid down to form the Linfield Fire Company. The purpose of the fire company would be to "assist people and to protect property during a fire or disaster." The first needs of the company were apparatus and a water system. The water system project was dropped due to a lack of funding. On January 12, 1914, the company purchased its first piece of apparatus for $600. It was a horse drawn chemical apparatus with two sixty-gallon tanks. Since its' organization, Linfield Fire Company has had many changes. It began with a saddler's shop for a station and a horse drawn wagon as its' only apparatus. By 1918, the company was too large for the small shop and had to move into a larger building. Only six years later, in 1924, the company again moved into another station which could house the various accumulated apparatus. This station was used until 1985 when the company moved into its current location. Linfield Fire Company has provided the community with emergency assistance for more than 90 years. Over that time, the main objective of the fire company has been and will always be to "assist people and to protect property during a fire or disaster.