At Jacksonville Chapel, faith and family have been part of our heritage for more than 75 years. The Chapel began in 1931 when a businessman and his wife opened their home to young people in the community. As the number of youth increased, more room was needed. The little vacant Chapel on Jacksonville Road became available, and after some renovation the doors opened and the group grew.As other adults came to help out, the "youth work" became a church. Since the youth of the community were the main focus of the Chapel from the beginning, the leadership decided that a gymnasium would be a wise investment. In 1954 the gym was completed and more young people came to the Chapel. Eventually the gymnasium was pressed into service as a worship center and in 1956 a new, larger building went up.Then, in 1970, for the first time the Chapel began to employ full-time staff. In 1973 a major expansion took place - the current auditorium was completed along with increased classroom space. In 1987 an all-purpose ministry center was completed, and in 1995 the large farm house just north of the Chapel was purchased.These developments have represented exciting times at the Chapel. We are still focused on family and youth, but we do much more than this. The development of "Community Groups" (small group Bible studies meeting in homes) has helped maintain healthy personal relationships even while the Chapel has experienced tremendous numerical growth. There are also thriving men's and women's ministries, as well as groups for singles and outreaches to homeless people and the disabled. There is an active seniors' ministry and a vital outreach of caring for needy people within the church and in the surrounding community. Jacksonville Chapel is developing new ways to meet the needs of a changing society. In 2003, we opened our first "multi-site" location: the Crossroads Campus in Wayne, which now serves as our Spanish-speaking campus. In 2005, the second location was opened--Emergence. Our hope is to continue expanding our impact by launching additional sites in the years to come.