History: Hope Church was established in Lenox in the summer of 1958 when New England School of Theology moved from Brookline, Mass. and became Berkshire Christian College. The Church was the result of the vision and dedication of the faculty and staff of the College. Thirty-four charter members, including several former members of an Advent Christian Church in Pittsfield, called Rev. Raymond Bowden as their pastor. He served until 1969. The church worshipped in the college chapel for about ten years. In 1965 the small congregation purchased the seven acres of land the church now occupies and the following year built the present sanctuary. After Pastor Bowden resigned, Dr. Carlyle Roberts served eighteen months as interim. The church then called Reverend Lorne Ross, who served from 1971 to 1990. During Pastor Ross' tenure, the Fellow-ship Hall/Christian Education wing was added to enhance the ministry opportunities. In the fall of 1990 the congregation called the Reverend Douglas Foss as Senior Pastor. Reverend Foss began his ministry in January of 1991. Over the years several youth pastors and assistant pastors have served at Hope Church. From 1982 to 1994, Mr. James Perkins served as Associate Minister of Youth. Mr. Mike Tuttle has served in this capacity since September of 1994. Mr. Wesley Ross has served as Associate Minister of Music since 1977 and as Minister of Worship and Music since 1987. Hope Church is a member of the Connecticut and Western Massachusetts Conference of Advent Christian Churches and the National Association of Evangelicals.