In 1957, the First Church of God in Eustis commissioned people living in the Haines Creek area of Leesburg to plant a new church. The Florida State assembly received a gift of 48 acres for a campground and one corner of the property was reserved for a church. The new congregation first met in the camp dining hall and later in the ministers' chapel on the grounds. In 1961, the first permanent sanctuary was built. Over the next 40 years, a narthex, a Sunday School wing and a Fellowship Hall were added to the facility. In 1991, the congregation purchased six and a half acres of ground at the corner of Radio and Treadway Roads. In response to the Lord's call and the rapid growth of the neighborhood, the decision to build a new facility was made in early 1999. Construction began at Silver Lake in October of 2000. The first worship service in our building was held just in time for Christmas Sunday in 2001.