Laurel Wesleyan Church History The first meetings of the Pilgrim Holiness Church of Laurel were held in a storefront in the Callaway block of downtown Laurel in 1927. Services were directed by the first Pastor, Rev. Thomas Phillips. Land was purchased in 1928 at the former location on fourth Street. Construction began in 1929 and the new church was dedicated in August. In 1968, the Pilgrim Holiness Church and the Wesleyan Methodist church merged nation-wide to form the Wesleyan Church. At that point we adopted the name "Laurel Wesleyan Church". Our church is part of the Chesapeake District of Wesleyan churches which includes Delaware, Maryland, and parts of Virginia. Rev. Todd Crofford became the Senior Pastor of our church in 1995 and since then the pastoral staff has grown with the addition of Pastor Suzanne Boyce in 1999, Pastor Marilyn Searcey in 2002, and Pastor Ken Deusa in 2004.. These are exciting days and we know that God has great things in store for the future of our church.