Ashland Avenue Baptist Church2735 Ashland Ave, Covington, KY 41015
(859) 431-1624 Additional Contacts
History: Ashland Avenue Baptist Church grew from a vision of mission and ministry by dedicated members of Latonia Baptist Church. First begun as "The Hour of Power Chapel" in April of 1948, 13 members of Latonia Baptist used an old school bus parked outside the Administration Building of the Latonia Terrace apartments as the first base for Sunday School and worship. Soon outgrowing the bus, the facilities of Latonia Terrace were used and on the first anniversary a crowd of 148 joined together to celebrate the work of the mission. In 1950, with the help of Latonia Baptist, the first permanent facility was under construction one-half block away from the Terrace on Ashland Avenue. In January of 1951, the proud congregation dedicated their new Sanctuary and classroom space. Then in 1955, the Hour of Power Chapel out grew its days as a mission and was constituted as Ashland Avenue Baptist Church. The vision, prayers, support and guidance of Latonia Baptist as a "mother church" had successfully planted a new church. Today, Ashland Avenue Baptist Church continues in the heritage of our early leaders and visionaries. Holding to the truths of the Word of God as our hope, strength, and guiding light, we seek to Honor God, rejoice in His presence and in the fellowship of believers, strengthen and uphold one another through prayer and the teaching of God's Word, and share the truth of salvation with all. We support missions both at home and abroad through our alliance with the Northern Kentucky Baptist Association, the Kentucky Baptist Convention, and the Southern Baptist Convention.