To incorporate Fire Company Number One, of the town of Kingston, in the County of Ross. Sec. 1. Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Ohio, That George A. Wilson, Robert Galbraith, Russel D. Rockwell, Reed Armstrong, and Thomas McNally, their associates and successors, are hereby declared a body corporate and politic by the name of Fire Company No. 1, etc. At a meeting held Jan, 31, 1844, the company was organized and equipment authorized to consist of two 25-foot ladders, two 15-foot ladders, two 10-foot ladders, two large hooks and two small hooks. The Signers of the Constitution were as follows: Thomas McNally, John Mowrey, Charles Woods, Caleb Spragg, Isaiah Franks, W. H. Taylor, H. D. Bunn, James Groce, G. A. Wilson, Daniel Frederick, John Zimmerman, James May, Thomas Parker, Edw. Hedge, O. P. C. Evans, Orlando Saylors, Thomas N. Linsey, George Noble, Jacob Dustman, Joseph Hixson, Samuel Griffith, J. C. Hard, Robert Galbraith, Jonathan Sherman, Philip Repel, J. H. Brooks, Geo. P. Sternor, Abraham Vandurers, Samuel Frederick, Armstrong Hays, N. Armstrong, R. D. Rockwell, W. F. Scott, Samuel Kinsey, A. W. Thompson, Lewis Fleury, and John Hoover. Axe men were John Zimmerman and Isaiah Franks. The dues were fifty cents per member, per year. An assessment of twenty-five cents each to buy a rope was made Feb. 22, 1844.