Church History In 1942, residents of Love Valley Community gathered in an arbor across the road from the location of the present church building. The Rev. L. B. Turner led in the organization of the church and before wintertime, the men made plans to construct a building. The Van **** family deeded enough ground on which to build a church. A 12 by 18 foot building of one room was built from slabs of lumber.