Jewett United Methodist Church223 South Broadway Street, Jewett, TX 75846
Organized in 1872, with the assistance of circuit-riding minister James J. Davis, one-year after the town was founded, and began to meet in the home of William R. and Patience Horn Ellis. This church has some deep roots in the history of the town of Jewett and has continued to grow and prosper in the Lord for the past 136 years. Addition of a new sanctuary capable of seating two-hundred and major renovations including new ADA accessible restrooms was completed in 2002. We are part of the Palestine District in the Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. Our Pastor is Rev. David L. White appointed here in October 2004. David has served the Lexington/Blue Churches for the past five years. Child Builders Christian School - a Christian based school for ages 2 1/2 to 5 years has been in operation since 1996 and is a wonderful asset to our church and community.