Humboldt Public Library115 S 16th Ave, Humboldt, TN 38343
History: First organized effort to obtain a Public Library for Humboldt was made in 1923, but nothing concrete came of it. It was not until late in 1953 that practical and workable plans were formulated out of which materialized our present Public Library.The War Memorial Corp., a part of the local American Legion, offered quarters, rent free to house a library in the War Memorial Building. The Humboldt Woman's Club then proceeded to set up a Board of Directors. This board met with the Board of Aldermen who proved to be most interested and co-operative in the new project. This Board of Aldermen was composed of H. Herndon, A.X. Hunt, S.A. Barrix, L.D. Nowell and Ed Stobaugh.