The Town of Havana is located 14 miles north of Tallahassee in beautiful Gadsden County, Florida. In 1902, after the completion of a railroad track for the Georgia, Florida and Alabama Railroad, families who had originally settled in nearby Salem decided to move about a mile east to the present site of Havana. The railroad was very important to the Havana Community Park,6th Avenue East, Havana Florida town, as was tobacco. The Town was incorporated on December 5, 1906. The name "Havana" was proposed by a local schoolteacher, James Mathewson. Shade tobacco, used in fine cigars, was the major crop in the area at that time. Over the years, tobacco crops dwindled and now Town of Havana is well known for our many Antique Shops, Art Galleries, and Specialty Shops.