History: The Green Bay area was discovered in 1634 by Jean Nicolet a French voyager. The Town of Howard was established in 1835 and slowly developed along the Duck Creek as a center for mail delivery, farming, quarrying and lumbering. By 1856, a school was operating and the Town of Howard became well known for its Duck Creek stone quarries. By 1959, the population had grown and the Town of Howard became incorporated as the Village of Howard. Residential, commercial and industrial growth has steadily continued since that time, creating a dynamic suburban community on Green Bay's northwest side.