About The Church The First United Methodist Church of Enterprise was organized in 1883 with 13 charter members. The first services were conducted in a brush arbor and a school. This early congregation was served by a circuit rider, who also preached at other locations. Later in 1883 to avoid the coming winter, the first building was erected on North Main Street. In 1893 a larger structure was constructed. The location of both of these buildings was near the city cemetery. In the early years our church shared a pastor with other churches. In 1898 the Rev. George William Jones was assigned to the Enterprise church alone. During his ministry the first parsonage was constructed on the North Main Street property. In 1903-1904 the third and present sanctuary was built here on South Main Street with the first service held on September 4, 1904.