The Enterprise Public Library was established in 1923 by Mrs. Josie S. Lasseter and was located in the old courthouse. After the courthouse building burned in 1924, The next location was in the old Enterprise Banking Company building at the corner of College and Main Streets.In May of 1936, a library association was formed and the public library was moved to the old city hall. When the new post office was built, the library was moved into the old post office building with many people helping to raise funds for the renovation. This new library was dedicated on March 26, 1972. When the library was at its capacity, it was moved, once more, to the former First Alabama Bank building. This building is the library's present location, also having been renovated with funds raised by many library advocates.