Upper Hanover Township1704 Pillsbury Rd, East Greenville, PA 18041
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 27 Before 1741, Upper Hanover was part of Hanover Township along with Douglass, Pottsgrove, and New Hanover Townships and the Borough of Pottstown. Upper Hanover became a separate township from Hanover Township in 1741 and, at that time, its boundaries also included the three villages of Palm, Kleinville, and Hillegassville, in addition to the settlements which now constitute the Boroughs of Pennsburg, Red Hill, and East Greenville. Today, Upper Hanover is the fourth largest municipality in the county, has no natural boundaries and is still a highly rural and agricultural area. Many large parcels remain as farms, vacant land, large lot rural residential or woodland properties. Upper Hanover's significant industrial plants are also located on large parcels of land, with most of the shopping centers, stores and offices concentrated within the three centrally located Boroughs of East Greenville, Pennsburg, and Red Hill, creating a small town environment. The Township, through its Open Space Program and its prudent policies concerning sustainable growth and development and in coordination with the Montgomery County Open Space Program and the Farmland Preservation Program, is attempting to maintain its rural, rustic beauty. However, residential development has slowly been drawn to this scenic area and is adding to population growth.