About Us The first library in Dunnellon -- a 3-foot long shelf of books -- opened in the late 1950's, organized and staffed by volunteers from the Dunnellon Women's Club. In 1961, the former Dunnellon Public Library which was located at 20804 West Pennsylvania Avenue was funded and built by volunteers from local civic clubs on land donated to the City of Dunnellon. Two wings were added to the library. The first addition of 1,000 square feet was built by the Friends of the Dunnellon Library in 1985. In 1992, the Felburn Foundation donated $85,000 to build the second 1,500 square foot addition. A groundbreaking ceremony on March 12, 2007 marked the beginning of construction of the new Dunnellon Public Library. The library opened for business on May 19, 2008 in a 16,000 square foot building with expanded hours. The new library features a separate children's area, computer lab, Friends of the Library bookstore, and much more.