The R. K. Lindsey Funeral Home, Inc. was founded by Ross K. Lindsey, Sr. who originally worked for the J.V. Hicks Co. which was a livery, furniture store (hence the manufacturing of caskets) and funeral furnisher in the late 19th century. In 1908 Ross and Jean, his wife, began purchasing the funeral business from the Hicks Co. In 1921, the building which houses the funeral home today was built. It was designed specifically as a funeral home which was unusual for the time, as most funerals were conducted in the home or church. Their last child, Ross Jr., was born in the apartment above the funeral home in 1922, even before the building had been completed. All four of their sons, Robert, Charles, Eugene and Ross Jr. joined the family business. The third generation in the family business was made up of Roberts son, Jack, and Ross Jr.s sons, Timothy and R. Kells Lindsey, III, all of whom have been licensed embalmers and funeral directors. Timothy remains active in the business, while Jack and Kells have since retired. The fourth generation has now joined their family's profession with Ross K. Lindsey, IV as a licensed funeral director and embalmer and Lorrigan Lindsey-Booth as a licensed funeral director, both of whom have been with the firm for over a decade. The Lindsey family feels honored to have been able to serve the families of this community for four generations and strive to continue to provide caring and personal service for our friends and neighbors in the Twin City area.