The North Shore Unitarian Church was launched in 1953 when fewer than a dozen members of the Evanston Unitarian Church organized a Fellowship in the Deerfield area. Our earliest ministers were the Reverends Hartley Ray and Carl Wennerstrom. By 1956, we had a church school and a charter and called the Reverend Russell Bletzer to serve as the first full time minister. Reverend Bletzer was our minister from 1956 until 1979. In 1965 a full time director of religious education was appointed.