History Of The Church: Dawsonville Baptist Church was constituted in the year 1854 AD. The very early church records were destroyed by fire in 1928, at which time church clerk Grover Taylor reconstructed the Articles of Faith, which served until 1985 when conference ratified the correct Constitution and Bylaws, which established the name The First Baptist Church, Inc. For the first, almost ninety years, a one-room structure accommodated all services, which consisted of Sunday School, and two monthly preaching services. Building expansion plans that began in 1939 realized fruition in the form of a new facility that included a sanctuary and four Sunday School rooms żżż almost debt free and first used August 31, 1943. Very soon, the note of indebtedness was burned at a Sunday A.M. service, although such event in not recorded in minutes. Facility improvement programs followed in 1955, 1968 and 1988. The church took a bold forward step when, with the calling of Rev. Hugh Fields as pastor, full-time services were begun. In any historical sketch of a church, note must go to the integral contributions of pastors. With apologies of any omissions, a list of pioneer pastors who have served follows: Before 1928: J.R. Stone, G. Marion Taylor, D.J. Burt, Pink Moss, Henry Wood, Rev. Poore, Firman Williams, H. H. Humphries. Since 1928: W.E. Patterson, G.W. Forrest, B.J. Faulkner, J.T. Bell, Henry Warren, J.H. Boling, Ford Phillips, C.B. Gazaway, Hugh Fields, W.D. Lawes (interim), Grant Fennell Minor Martin, Tommie Gene Smith, Minor Martin (interim), Ray Rhodes, Dr. Robert Green (interim), Dr. Alan D. Hix, and Dr. Jim Gaines.