History: Daphne United Methodist Church has long been an integral part of the Daphne community.We were founded in 1858 as Daphne Methodist Episcopal Church, South. The old church building still stands and is currently leased to the city of Daphne as a Museum. The time came when the old church could no longer hold the growing congregation, and in 1976 the new Daphne United Methodist Church was built. This move enabled the congregation to grow more comfortably, and the new location allowed better visibility to the community. The church continued to grow through the 70s and 80s both in membership and in its desire to serve the surrounding community. In 1993, a new Sanctuary was constructed to further meet the growing needs of the congregation. The new addition allowed for the old space to be converted to a Fellowship Hall, office space, and classrooms. Then in 1998, a two-story Education Building was added to further meet needs. One of the primary services provided through this new construction was a Preschool, which now enrolls over 100 children from the surrounding community. Throughout its history, Daphne United Methodist Church has accepted the challenge to serve its neigborhood. In the last several years, the church has felt that we could more effectively serve through the addition of a Community Life Center. Our newest building, completed in 2005, has already allowed new opportunities for service. Our congregation of 1000+ members is comprised of individuals who are eager to serve in creative and non-traditional ways. We look forward to our future with anticipation to see where God will lead us as we make ourselves available to be used to serve others.