St. Isidore School is committed to providing a quality, caring, Catholic education to all our students..
The construction of our school building was started in 1957 as a facility for CCD programs. One side of the main corridor contained four classrooms for this purpose. For two years, St. Isidore loaned space to the public school district as service to the community while plans were being made to open our Catholic school.
In September l962, the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia provided a staff of four Sisters to open the school. The first eighth grade class graduated in 1967. The kindergarten was started by Mrs. Marguerite Slavonia in 1982. The new lobby was built, along with additional resource rooms and a classroom in the fall of 1987. Thirteen classrooms were added for the 1997-98 school year.
St. Isidore School actively involves parents in the educational process. The faculty and staff strive to challenge the full potential of each student. The subject areas have been enhanced with programs in art, computers, foreign language, physical education, and music.
The U. S. Department of Education in 1993-94 awarded St. Isidore&rsquo, s the status of being a Blue Ribbon School. We were nationally recognized as a school of academic excellence, and we continue to promote high academic standards while providing a quality, caring, Catholic education for all our students.