City Of Crocker - City Hall108 S Commercial St, Crocker, MO 65452
City of Crocker History : The City of Crocker was named in 1875, after one of the stockholders of the railroad, Eurilis J. Crocker.It was incorporated on March 18, 1911 as a village and became a fourth class city in November of 1912. Water and sewer services were established in 1940. Water is served by three deep wells for a population of 1,100 people. The city serves as a supplier of water and sewer services, street maintenance, park maintenance and police protection. A Brief History : Before Crocker came to be, there was a small trading post a few miles north of Crocker's present location called "Humboldt." Settlers founded the city around 1854 and it consisted of a store, a couple of log cabins and larger house that served as a boarding house and an inn. In 1868, the Frisco Railroad coming from Dixon was being finished, just east of Humboldt. After a depot was started about a mile southeast of Humboldt, the trading post began to die. A center that was used for shipping was built, that would serve the towns not located on the railroad such as Waynesville, Iberia and Hawkeye. Thus Crocker was born.