History Peace Lutheran Church was founded in 1923 by a group from Trinity Lutheran, Brookfield. The congregation shared a pastor with Trinity Lutheran Church until March 1967. The congregation first worshiped in what is not the Hughes Funeral Chapel on the south side of town. The present house of worship was built in 1957 on the northwest part of town across from the school. Originally part of the American Lutheran Church, the congregation is now a member of the (ELCA) Evangelical Lutheran Church of America.