The Harmony Grove Baptist Church was the original name of Commerce First Baptist Church. On Saturday, November 21, 1874, the Harmony Grove Baptist church was constituted with 88 charter member who brought letters from Black's Creek, Cabin Creek, Beaverdam, Oconee, and Grove Level Churches. The council invited to assist in organizing the church consisted of: J.B. Jackson, Rev. W.T.M. Brock, Rev. W.F. Stark, Rev. A.J. Kelly, J.E. Massey, D.J. Sanders, and M.H. Thomas. Rev. W.F. Stark was chosen moderator and Rev. A.J. Kelly, Clerk. After the constitution and church covenant were read and adopted, the "brethren and sisters" organized themselves into a church. They read and adopted several rules of "Church Decorum." Bro. W.B.J. Hardman was called to their pastoral care for the ensuing year and L.Y. Dunson and R.S. Cheney elected deacons. They also named R.S. Cheney, Church Clerk, and P.O. Pittman, assistant clerk. Our mission is to grow in Christ so that we may be more effective in reaching others with the message of God's love and grace.