History: The present 4-H Fair is the result of many years of growth and development of the 4-H Club work in Branch County. Over 90 years ago, the old fair was dissolved and the buildings and grounds at the north Coldwater city limits were sold. Since that time there have been agricultural exhibits of various kinds throughout Branch County. Years ago there were Corn Schools at various Grange Halls. The 4-H Clubs and other interested farm organizations for several years had a fair at the Unity Grange Hall in Bethel Township. For several years exhibits were held on the streets of Coldwater and in the Coldwater Armory. In 1929 there was no fair or exhibits of any kind. In 1930 a small 4-H Club Fair was held at the Coldwater Grange Hall. 32 head of livestock were exhibited as well as the work of 30 canning club members. In 1931, there was more livestock to be exhibited and the fair was held at the Coldwater State Home and Training School in various barns and garages. In 1932, the 4-H Clubs cooperated with the Coldwater Chamber of Commerce and held their exhibits in a garage on Hudson Street. In 1933 and 1934, the exhibits of livestock were made in tents on the parking lot of West Pearl Street. Canning, handicraft and clothing were shown in churches and store windows. In 1935, the tents were located on the new parking lot on North Hanchett Street and the same arrangement prevailed with other exhibits. The Junior Chamber of Commerce in Coldwater took a very active interest in the fair during those years. In 1936, the 4-H Fair was held in connection with the Centennial Celebration. Four large tents were necessary to house the livestock and this was done at the Waterworks Park. Other exhibits were again scattered through the business sections of Coldwater. The Centennial Celebration featured a mammoth pageant and numerous parades.