The business started on College Street as Clinton Appliance & Tire Co. selling tires, appliances and electronics. In the early 1960's, the name was changed to Clinton Appliance & Furniture Co, Inc. A new store was opened on Northeast Blvd. Furniture was added to the mix of products and tires were dropped. In 1985 the business was purchased by the two sons of the original owners. Al Williams and Dwight Horne became the officers and owners of Clinton Appliance & Furniture Co. Also in 1985, the College St. location was closed and all operations were moved to the new expanded N.E. Blvd. location. In 1990, a new warehouse was built at 1420 Hobbton Hwy. In 1998, a new service department addition was added to the warehouse location.