Cleveland, NC has evolved from Indian trails and buffalo wallows, from wagon roads to paved streets and highways, from mainly agriculture to a mixture of agriculture and industry. Incorporated in 1883 as Third Creek Station and renamed Cleveland in 1887, this small town of approximately 900 is located in the western portion of Rowan County. Today one can sense a historical connection of family and culture as well as benefit from modern innovations, technology, and services. Our area is served by highly-rated schools, services that make us self-sufficient, and businesses that offer employment and stability to the town. The town goal is to preserve the home-town flavor without sacrificing quality living.