Mission : To share the compassion of Jesus Christ. History : The History of Lutheranism in Clearfield can be traced back to the year 1818 when 30-year-old Gerhardt (George) Philip Gulich became a resident of Clearfield. The cornerstone was laid August 31, 1850. On August 27, 1851, just a year after the cornerstone was laid, the Evangelical Lutheran St. John's Church was dedicated. The church's title was changed to St. John Lutheran Church in 1970. Our 150th anniversary was celebrated during the year of 2000.