Cave Spring Elementary School13 Rome Rd SW, Cave Spring, GA 30124
(706) 777-3371 Additional Contacts
History: Cave Spring Elementary School evolved from the Cave Spring Consolidated High School built in 1913. It then served students from grades one through eight. After 1940, Cave Spring school became a part of the Floyd County School system, housing grades one through twelve and expanding in size in 1950 and again in 1967. In 1970 the Floyd County Board of Education announced intentions to close the school. The community outrage was clearly stated, and the school remained open until another attempt was made in 1984. While the community effort was strong against the closing, it was voted that grades six through twelve would attend Coosa Middle and Coosa High Schools, thus Cave Spring Elementary was established. The state funded Pre-K program was added in 1994. An addition of 5 classrooms was constructed during the 1998-99 school year. Now housing 318 students, the school continues to have broad based community support.